Tuesday, August 2, 2011

(insert clever play on words useing "sale" and "sail" here.)

After seeing the shoes I did for my former boss, my friend and former staff worker Dabney asked if I would be able to do a pair for her friend who had a birthday coming up. Dabney had the idea for sailboats because her friend "is originally from Florida and because she is really preppy." I just glad she wasn't a world class sailing enthusiast who would know all the technical terms for the pieces I abstracted or left out. Also, her logic was just awesome. This is what I came up with:


Dabney very generously agreed to pay me as well, which I'm of course supper stoked about. I've been wanting to get a small water color paint set to flesh out more of the images I've been getting in my head during prayer and worship to the Lord. I've already got a couple lined up that I'm excited to get wrapped up and posted here to share with you. My time during the internship has been pretty well claimed, but I'm excited to get these images on a more solid format then just my brain.

No comments: