Friday, August 26, 2011

In prayer, there is life.

This was an image I saw in my head while in worship one day. I was thinking about how in prayer we connect to the Lord, the beginning and source of all life. He is the source of all good things, and we have nothing good apart from Him. I don't have specific verse that this came from, it was several all colliding in my mind and heart at the same time, but real quick it makes me think of John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." and

Psalm 36
" 1 I have a message from God in my heart
concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:
There is no fear of God
before their eyes.

2
In their own eyes they flatter themselves
too much to detect or hate their sin.
3
The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful;
they fail to act wisely or do good.
4
Even on their beds they plot evil;
they commit themselves to a sinful course
and do not reject what is wrong.

5
Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
6
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
You, LORD, preserve both people and animals.
7
How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
9
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

10
Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart.
11
May the foot of the proud not come against me,
nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12
See how the evildoers lie fallen—
thrown down, not able to rise! "





2 comments:

kayla said...

Hey Patrick - I know this is random, haha but I had to comment b/c there's something about this piece that I think is amazing! It's haunting, in a way, and beautiful. ...If you make prints of your originials, I would absolutely buy one... :)

patrick benbow said...

Hey kayla, nice to hear from you! I'll probably get prints of this made sometime, but it'll be a while before I get a chance to. I'll let you know when I do.