Monday, September 12, 2011

No, it's the Lion of Target.

So I have this one shirt from Target, with a line drawing of a head of a lion, and water color splotches adding some variety. It a great design, and I really like it. (hence the purchase.) But Every time I wear it in a Christian context, I frequently get the same question; "Is that the lion of the tribe of Judah?" to which I usually reply with "No, it's the Lion of Target." Or if they know that I draw and paint, I get the question "Did you draw that?"

Someone here on base asked me if i knew anyone who could draw it, because he's been looking for a lion to get tattooed over an older one he wants to cover now. Well I was able to explain to him that I actually draw and could get it done for him. Before I did the one i actually handed to him i did a "practice" in my sketch book, and then decided to play around with it in color. It came out pretty well I think, so I thought I'd share it up here. I hope you like it!

No comments: