Sunday, March 2, 2008

coulda shoulda woulda...now i can.

These are some images that I wasn't about to post earlier;

This first one is another one of the images that kinda introduce my work. This was a exercise for digital drawing using references.











This is another piece for my senior project class. I did this one before my last post, but I wasn't able to upload these because I had the wrong color mode. Thanks Hannah for clearing that up, you're a genius.

It was my second attempt at this idea of brushing teeth. The first was awful! I was actually embarrassed when getting it printed. Don't expect to ever see that one here.
I had chosen the wrong elements to combine and emulate. This was really the first image for the class that was really successful in the way I merged my two inspiration sources, Art Nouveau and Ukiyo-e. For that reason I'm really proud of it. After that brutal crit., I took all the feedback and tired to really concentrate on the comments to make a better piece.


I think I might also be too cautious about posting, there are lots of things that I could post, but haven't because they aren't "good enough". But without a record of what I've done, how will I know how I've grown as an artist? or even as a person? I'll post more things soon, promise.

pb

No comments: