Monday, February 18, 2008

on a roll


This semester has been kicking my butt, but at least now, my work is coming together well. For senior projects we had to pick a theme for the semester and have one finished project each week. I choose to illustrate everyday activities that we don't think about too much, in a style that references Art Nouveau and Ukiyo-e prints. My first one was close, but kinda missed the mark, and my second one was awful, to the point that I was actually embarrassed when I had it printed. For the third I took all the suggestions from the critique and re-did the project and it was much more successful. I wanted to post that one here, but for some reason, Blogger changed all the colors around, it was very blue, and when I uploaded it it came out all red. any ideas? this is my fourth project that I submitted this afternoon, and only needed some minor changes.



Thank GOD! After these two crits. I feel much better about myself. The second crit. was brutal (because the art was bad) and I was having serious doubt about this diploma I'm supposed to get in a couple months.

For this piece I wanted to take a pretty mundane action, like putting on shoes, and use type to make it incredibly epic. I hope you enjoy!

Today I also had my new logo approved! It's very clean and simple, so it'll work great for my design style, but I'm gonna mess around a bit to find a way to make it look good on more painterly projects. I should get that up in a few day at the most.

pb

2 comments:

stefanie lutz said...

i would say this one is your best yet

The Walz Parade said...

on the "blogger changing my colors" thing:
i noticed that when I upload a jpg saved in photoshop. If I save it in the Preview app. it seems to upload faster and always with the right colors. Its odd I know, but i think it has something to do with the same reason that a jpg saved in photoshop shows a little version of the image where as a jpg saved in preview has the jpg icon instead. like, they're both jpg's but they are not "created equal in the the eyes of OSX or something"