Friday, March 7, 2008

new logo, new look

hey ya'll, well I had a pretty cruddy day yesterday, I tried all day, but I got nothing accomplished all day. So I thought I could at least make a post to have something to show for the day, go figure that the site was having issues and I couldn't post anything. But today is a new day, so this might work now.

This is my new logo. it hasn't been officially approved for my senior studio, but I've already been signing pieces with it, so it's fairly official.

I figured there was no better time to start trying to get my name out there, then when entering a contest, so I put the signature logos on all four of the pieces I entered into the student exhibition for this spring. I really want to get in, especially now when I'm trying to look for a job, it would be a great encouragement and validating experience to be selected for the show. The competitions really tough, we have a lot of very talent people in COAR, but I think I have a fighting chance.

You may be familiar with my entries, I submitted a photo of the portrait of my dad (yeah, a photo of a painting, that might not fly, but it still looks nice, especially if you don't know that it's a photo of a painting.), the senior project "Cheaper than Dentures" and also "Prepare for Battle..." I also quickly finished the corrections I was going to make to the third piece "This sucks."

I didn't make all of the changes suggested in class, but I did change some of the things that I thought were major problems. The text reads "cleanliness is next to godliness but chores are for suckers."

When prepping for the submissions, I was short on time (I learned about it that morning) so I tried the best I could.

we'll see how this goes.

pb

2 comments:

amy h r donahue said...

patrick, i saw the link to your blog on gtalk. lovelovelove your art nouveau style with the foreshortened angle. very cool. great logo too.

i'll be back.

amy r

Daniel F said...

hot. i love patrick.