Monday, March 31, 2008

in process

One of my professors was talking about how he is often more interested in the steps taken in the works of artist he likes, then the finished piece, so I thought I'd post my progress on my independent study;

This piece was inspired by the Bible. Exodus 17 verses 8-13; " 8 The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. 9 Moses said to Joshua, "Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands."10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword. " also Mark 2:1-5 " 1A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. 4Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. 5When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven."

I felt like this has been how my life was for a while, especially when considering the emotional impact of dad's cancer on my life. I was getting so tired of watching, waiting and praying. and I knew that I would really be relying on my friends and also God to get through this time.























































This piece is inspired by my life. Of the time in between when you know God's will for a situation and him acting upon it to change your situation. My friend David is the model, he is able to relate to my situation a little too well.

pb

No comments: