Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Web log back log

So…apparently I fell off schedule in posting. ( I know, I’m shocked too.) Things have been suppa-duppa busy, but I’ve been getting a lot of painting done along the way too.

Next week, I’ll be moving the Kansas City Missouri to take part in a 6 month internship with the International House of Prayer. I trust that this is not news to both of my readers, because by now I think I’ve told ever human being I’ve come into contact with for the last several months. If you have not heard about IHOP, they are a community of Christians who for the past 10 years have been implementing 24/7 worship and prayer, just like King David did in the Old Testament. These six months would be a concentrated time of biblical study, worship, prayer, and ministry in the local community. By setting aside this season of my life to seek after the Lord, desiring to better understand how to make Him the ‘one most important thing’ in my life, I’m really expecting this to be setting a strong foundation and a catapult into what the rest of my life will look like.

I’ll be retooling this blog to help keep everyone up-to-date on what’s going on in my life and in my heart while I’m there. It seems pretty natural to me to be incorporating more of what’s taking place in my heart into this blog because that is where most of the paintings come from. My art typically is and has been a visual expression of my meditations and prayers, while I focus on what He’s teaching me. Sometimes is just an expression of what I don’t know how to express in words. Not only do I see this time as an investment in my prayer life, but also in art.

So I tell you all that to tell you this: check back here often to see how things are going in KC. I’ll be giving updates, new revelations to me of scripture and the Lord’s heart, and prayer request too. I would really appreciate any help you are willing to give in partnership with me during this season of my life. I’m deciding now that to be diligent and intentional to post often and try and share as much as I can in this format. I’ll also have access to my email and phone, so use those to reach me too!

pb

No comments: