Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I made it to the big city

I just wanted to take a second to let everyone know that I made it to Kansas City. I'll be spending the night with a friend from back home in RVA who lives here now, and tomorrow will begin the first day. I feel excited, anxious, relieved, and a bit bewildered that "someday" is "now" but mostly I just feel tired.
Today's drive was a bit harder then yesterday becuase my body was starting out tired from a lack-luster sleep on a lousy hotel bed, and the drive is just not as interesting. When going through the mountain there are things to look at, and turn to pay attention to, but past Kentucky, it's practically a straight shot all the way here. it's really neat how big the sky is though. a little ominous, I feel like I'm about to fall in, but the clouds with their slow shifting dance did provide the occasional beauty.

Oh man, here we go. I don't think I need to worry about getting to sleep tonight like I normally would before a big day. I'm wiped.

No comments: