Thursday, January 17, 2013


While driving around town and seeing all of the sand that has been put on the roads because of the icy conditions here in Kansas City, it reminded me of a verse 17 and 18 in Psalm 139.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them
 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.


The very fact that the Uncreated, eternally fascinating, all powerful God and creator of the universe would even stoop so low as to have one thought about me is pretty astounding.  Compared to Him, I'm really just not that interesting.  Honest!  He spoke all of creation into existence, and sometimes I have a hard time tying my shoes.  Really, there's just not comparison.  But we see here, that was Holy Spirit was helping David to write these words, He declares that the number of them is VAST.  One thought by a completely good and kind God would probably have us set for life, two would be fantastic, but He has declared that He has more thoughts of us than there are grains of sand!  To put that is context lets, review for a moment:


There's sand at the beach, desserts, play grounds, under the ocean, on mountains, not to mention all the sand that's on the roads all over the country...  staggering.  And I'm sure He has a smile on His face with each one of them!

As far as the "I awake, and I am still with you."  I don't know how it connects to the verses before it, it it's comforting all the same.  If you figure it out, let me know!

pb


photo sources:
here
here
and here

No comments: