Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Send Another Wave

This is another piece I was inspired by Holy Spirit to do while in the prayer room. We were asking for God to send another wave of His Spirit to Kansas City and this is the image that popped in my head. What does another wave look like? It might look like the revivals that happened in the past, but I don't honestly know. I do know that He is really really good and really really kind, and that where He is, is where I want to be!


There were a couple things I was thinking about with this one, namely that I want Him to come, but also about how all of creation is wanting God to return to the earth. I've also considered the description John gives when he sees Holy Spirit descend on Jesus at His baptism "like a dove". I have fun wondering exactly how much like a dove was He? The uncreated God, who created everything clearly has a pretty creative mind. Was John describing His form; 'He was a dove.' He looked like a dove; 'He was similar in shape to a dove like bird.' He moved like a dove; 'The movements He made remind me of how a dove moves.' I dunno, I think it's a fun thing to ponder. The scriptures also describes the Lord as an all consuming fire so I played with that a little as well. The Lord is the source of all glory, light and power in all of creation. I could go on, but I'll spare you. I hope you enjoy and that the viewing and pondering blesses you as much as the painting did me.

No comments: