Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It looks like I was thrown off track in keeping up with this thing. It happened right around the time that I began working nearly full time while going to school and the prayer room full time as an IHOPU student. But the semester ended well, and I was actually a little bummed when classes were over. Though I am enjoying that I have a little bit more free time now that I'm "only" working full time.

I've wrapped up three paintings, and a design-doodle to keep me busy and in the groove of mediating on what God was teaching me during the semester. I'm a little backlogged on paintings I want to get done, so I need to put these ones to the side so I physically have room to get some more done!

Here is the redo of a piece I did during my internship:

This is only the second time I've tried painting in thin layers with oil paint to allow the wood grain to show through and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I think the natural wood grain adds good interest and variation in the colors. It's a daunting 2'x4' but I really like the scale and impact of it. there were several close calls when I thought I had ruined it, but I really like it now.

And here is a close up detail of the piece. I was so stoked when my camera recognized his profile as a human face!

No comments: