Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's too long...

I've been supper busy recently, but I have to tell y'all about this:

It started last Friday night during the Encountering God Service. During worship we were singing "My soul sings" which I think is originally written by Tim Reimherr. (you tube video: http://youtu.be/10wlw9fi5NI )

I've always really liked this song, especially the bridge that says :
"It's just a little while longer and I'll see you.
It's just a little while longer and I'll know you.
It's just a little while longer and we'll be together."

It's just so hopeful, and even when I've been going through a rough time in my walk with the Lord it reminds me that this life is just a "little while" when I consider that eternity in heaven is so much longer. We have just this one shot to love and sacrifice to God in the manner we have now, through our finances, time, energy, fasting. What does 80 some odd years compare to eternity? Anyway, back to the point. We were singing this bridge and I was just struck with an urgency in my heart that a "little while" is too long! Suddenly I was crying while intermittently saying to the Lord "It's too long." and "I need you now." This went on for several minutes and then it was gone, I think some time after the song was finished. The same thing happened in the prayer room on Tuesday night and then Thursday in the early morning, but without the song playing. I was praying the same thing and BAM I was filled with so much longing for Jesus to be back. Davey Flowers (here's a youtube video of her song "wounded one" http://youtu.be/caLe5iPnZXA ) was singing a chorus with the phrase "come satisfy us" and I was filled with so much longing as I told Him that "a little while is too long...I need you now...come! ..." I dunno if this tenderness is the result of the fast that I just had ended the day before, but I was weeping more bitterly then I have in a while. Even after the tears stopped and my breath returned to me, I felt an ache chest, it felt kinda like missing someone, but kinda like hunger that is too high for my stomach. I dunno, but I kinda like it because I think Jesus feels the same way. I want to pull harder on His heart to bring Him back.

Here is a link to the archives of the Prayer room. on the right hand side you can scroll to find the 2-4am set on Thursday morning if you'd like to hear the set.
http://www.ihop.org/prayerroom/archives/

No comments: