Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jesus break in!

This is a painting I started this summer, and recently deemed finished.













I got the idea while doing an internship as an intercessory missionary at the Richmond International House of Prayer. It seemed like a lot of the prayers contained a key phrase that must have been a favorite among the missionaries “Jesus break in with power/wisdom/healing/mercy…” whatever applied at the moment. It always made me giggle to myself a little because I always got the same mental image in my head whenever it was said. I always imagined a stained glass window, and on the left side of my imagination was a candle, as those words were spoken, a beam of light would burst across to the right, with most explosions of light along the way. So I decided to paint it. I was rather difficult to photograph because the painting is 2 feet by 5 feet! (I’ll try to get some good detail shots posted up soon.) Not my largest ever, but it’s very large compare to most of my work, and I stretched this canvas and gessoed it myself with the help of a friend. I’m extremely proud of this painting, it turned out exactly as I wanted to, though I should note, it took me a couple tries to get it.

Soon I'll let you know about the free lance work I've been doing!

pb

No comments: