Saturday, January 9, 2010

attempt 1

Well this week got very out of control very quickly. I've been here in the studio all after noon, and I don't have any new work to put up. I can't seem to get my sketchbook out of my sketchbook and into my computer, and I don't have my camera to take of a picture of any of my sketches. Another case of bad planning meets bad timing.

I do have some potentially exciteing things on the job front though; I submitted my portfolio to a friend of a friend who runs an design agency. I don't think they have any openings right now, but in the summer they'll be looking for a design intern. That would be helpful. Also, one of my tables at work was asking what I wanted to do when I grew up, and so I told them about how I wanted to be a graphic designer. When he left, he left a card for his insurance business and a note on the back requesting that I send him my resume. Since both of those offices were most likely closed untill earlier this week, I'm hoping to hear back sometime soon.

Also I submitted an application to work at one of the art stores near campus. I've meet the owners several times in the store and also in Baker's Crust where I currently work. A friend of mine who works there now said that they like me and that my odds are good! And yesterday two of the three owners came into the restaurant and i was able to chat with them briefly about how I applied to work for them. They told me they knew, but they haven't ha a chance to look everyone over yet because they've been getting ready for back to school stuff to be ready when the student arrive in a couple weeks for the spring semester. I think this job would provide a nice change of pace, and also allow me to hate life a lot less!

Hopefully one of these opportunities will turn into something and hopefully by next week I can post some work I've done, and not just a bunch of excuses!

No comments: